We invite you to email the For Your Marriage team with questions or comments: firstname.lastname@example.org. First, please see below to find out whether your question can be answered by an article on the website or another person better suited to assist you.
Marriage Preparation & Weddings
- If you have a question about the steps to get married in the Catholic Church, please visit the Getting Married Catholic page.
- If you have a question about whether you can marry in the Catholic Church, please contact your parish priest.
- If you have a question about which marriage preparation course you need to take, please contact the parish where you will be getting married.
- If you have a question about the Catholic wedding ceremony, please visit the Planning a Catholic Wedding page.
- If you have a question about weddings between a Catholic and non-Catholic, please visit this page.
Declaration of Nullity (Annulment)
If you have a question about the declaration of nullity process in general, please see this page. If you have a question about beginning a process, please contact your parish priest or your diocesan Marriage Tribunal. Your diocese’s website can be accessed through this map.
Validity of Marriage and Convalidation
If you have a question about the validity of your marriage or the convalidation process, please contact your parish priest.
If you have a question about your ability to participate in the sacraments, please contact your parish priest. If you have a question about obtaining proof of the reception of a sacrament (baptism, confirmation, or wedding certificates), please contact the parish where the sacrament was received.
For couples experiencing difficulties in their marriage, information is available in the Overcoming Obstacles section and on the Support for Troubled Marriages page. You may also want to seek out help from your parish priest or deacon, a trusted counselor, or your local Catholic Charities. A state-by-state list of marriage-friendly therapists is available on this website.
If you have a question about domestic violence or abuse, please see the Domestic Violence page or call the National Domestic Abuse Hotline: 800-799-SAFE (7233).
If you would like permission to reprint or repost content from For Your Marriage, please contact us and specify what page(s) you would like to use and in what format. Please note that we are not able to grant permission to use the photos on our website.
To order marriage resources (pamphlets, bookmarks, documents, etc.) from the USCCB, please visit www.USCCBPublishing.org and search for the keyword “marriage.”