Join the celebration!
Each year World Marriage Day is celebrated on the second Sunday of February. Worldwide Marriage Encounter, which sponsors World Marriage Day, offers many ideas that churches, groups and couples can use to mark the Day. See the Worldwide Marriage Encounter website for more information.
In addition, National Marriage Week is being observed from Feb. 7-14, with the theme “Let’s Strengthen Marriage.” The National Marriage Week website offers suggestions for action in churches, media, schools, business, government, arts, and family.
Of course, you’re interested in how you can improve your own marriage. Once you’ve exchanged flowers and candy, try one of these fun ideas.
- Take a Marriage Quiz. Are you and your spouse soul mates? Do you make good traveling companions? Can you read your spouse’s moods? These quizzes make great discussion-starters.
- Grade Your Marriage. Where are you in your marriage? Where do you agree, disagree, or haven’t gotten around to discussing? Here’s a map to get a conversation going.
- Need a dating tip? Check out Weekly Dating Tips for ideas on free, cheap, at home and outdoorsy dates.
- Read a book. See the Book of the Month Archive for dozens of reviews. After you’ve each read the book, exchange your own reviews.
- Cap off your Valentine’s Day by praying together A Marriage Blessing.