Few articles discuss women’s involvement with online pornography. Are there women who, like many men, are addicted to online pornography?
In general, far fewer women than men habitually visit online porn sites, according to statistics compiled by Internet Filter Review. Those who do tend to prefer interacting in adult “chat rooms” rather than view images and videos. However, women who are addicted to porn are much more likely than their male counterparts to “act out” their behaviors in real life by having an affair or casual sex encounters.
Here are some other figures on women and pornography from IFR:
- 70 percent of women keep their cyber activities secret
- 17 percent of women struggle with pornography addiction
- Women favor chat rooms more than men by a 2:1 ratio
- One-third of all visitors to adult websites are women
- 9.4 million women access adult websites each month
- 13 percent of women admit to accessing pornography at work