From September 22 to 27, 2015, families from around the world will gather in Philadelphia to pray, learn, and celebrate the gift of the family. Whether you’re able to come to Philly or not, the resources below will help you and your family prepare for this important event in the life of the Church. More will be added as it is made available.
Links on For Your Marriage
• Archbishop Charles Chaput (Philadelphia), “Love Is Our Mission: The Family Fully Alive”
• David Gibson, Marriage in the News, “Philadelphia To Host World Meeting of Families in September, 2015”
Links on the World Meeting of Families website
• Main website: www.worldmeeting2015.org
• Registration information
• Plan your pilgrimage (information about Philadelphia, travel, dining options, and more)
• Childcare information
• Preparatory Catechesis
• Schedule at a glance
• Patron Saints (St. John Paul II and St. Gianna Molla)
• Resources for parishes (parish preparation packet, flyers, prayer cards, and more)
• Host a family (for Philadelphia-area residents)
• Volunteer information
Reflections on the World Meeting of Families Catechesis
Hosted at the USCCB website Marriage: Unique for a Reason; new reflections will be added as they are made available.
- Chapter One: Created for Joy
- Chapter Two: Speaking of Love: From Adolescence to Adulthood
- Chapter Two: “The Best Way”
- Chapter Three: The Meaning of Human Sexuality
- Chapter Four: “Two Become One” Takes More than Romance
- Chapter Four: Daily Choices for Love
- Chapter Five: Parenting With the Strength of God
- Chapter Six: All Love Bears Fruit
- Chapter Six: The Celibate Life: An Encounter with Beauty
- Chapter Seven: A Bright Teaching that Makes Good Marriages Great
- Chapter Seven: Light in a Dark World
- Chapter Seven: Why the Church Cannot Endorse Same-Sex “Marriage”
- Chapter Eight: A Home for the Wounded Heart
- Chapter Eight: Encountering Brokenness
- Chapter Nine: Mother, Teacher, Family: The Nature and Role of the Church
- Chapter Nine: What’s In an Image?
- Chapter Ten: Choosing Life
Other reflections available at the Archdiocese for the Military Services website.
Official World Meeting of Families Prayer
God and Father of us all,
in Jesus, your Son and our Savior,
you have made us
your sons and daughters
in the family of the Church.
May your grace and love
help our families
in every part of the world
be united to one another
in fidelity to the Gospel.
May the example of the Holy Family,
with the aid of your Holy Spirit,
guide all families, especially those most troubled,
to be homes of communion and prayer
and to always seek your truth and live in your love.
Through Christ our Lord,
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, pray for us!