Celebrate National Marriage Week 2023
The observances of National Marriage Week (February 7-14) and World Marriage Day (Sunday, February 12) are an opportunity to focus on building a culture of life and love that begins with supporting and promoting marriage and the family. Our theme for 2023 is “Marriage…one flesh, given and received.”
The Secretariat on Laity, Marriage, Family Life, and Youth offers the following resources to bishops, priests, deacons, married couples, and lay men and women to help celebrate and live the great gift of married life!
- At Home Couple’s Retreat in English and Spanish
- Preaching Resources in English and Spanish
- Parish Celebration Resource
- Prayer for Married Couples
- Fortifying Couples & Families Video Series
- Made for Love episodes for National Marriage Week
Below are some resources to build up your marriage all year long:
- Listen to Marriage Unique for a Reason’s Made for Love Podcast, which tells the stories of real people living out the call to love. Here are some of our recent favorite episodes on marriage:
- Take a look at our Daily Marriage Tips. Maybe you’ll find a new idea to strengthen your relationship.
- Worldwide Marriage Encounter, provides numerous resources for celebrating World Marriage Day.
- National Marriage Week offers helpful ideas for building up your own marriage, recommended reading, supporting marriage in the community, and much more. There’s also a listing of marriage-building events throughout the country.