Celebrate National Marriage Week 2018
National Marriage Week (Feb. 7-14) is a great opportunity “to focus on building a culture of life and love that begins with supporting and promoting marriage and the family” says Archbishop Charles Chaput, OFM Cap., Chairman of the USCCB Committee on Laity, Marriage, Family and Youth in his letter to all U.S. bishops.
The annual observance of National Marriage Week in the United States encourages a conversation on how strong marriages promote and sustain strong societies by curtailing poverty and benefiting children.
Here are some resources that can help you celebrate marriage this year.
- Take a look at our Daily Marriage Tips. Maybe you’ll find a new idea to strengthen your relationship.
- Find more resources on the USCCB National Marriage Week page, including a preaching resource for clergy and a bulletin insert for your parish.
- Listen to the brand new podcast series “Made for Love” at the USCCB Marriage Unique for a Reason website.
- Visit the website of Worldwide Marriage Encounter, which provides numerous resources for celebrating World Marriage Day.
- The website for National Marriage Week offers helpful ideas for building up your own marriage, recommended reading, supporting marriage in the community and much more. There’s also a listing of marriage-building events throughout the country.
- Enter our online contest on the For Your Marriage Facebook page.
- Spend a little dedicated time in prayer and reflection by participating in our seven-day virtual retreat focused on marriage. This year the retreat draws from the encyclical letter of Pope Paul IV, Humane vitae, promulgated 50 years ago in 1968.